Dedicated to: O & M personnel not working in operation e.g. personnel from electrical Maintenance, Mechanical,Maintenance, Control & Instrumentation, Planning,. Design, Qualityand Inspection etc.
2. Basic Operation Course
Objective: To provide comprehensive training on all aspects of opwer plant operation for trainee to take charge of controldesk. Systematic line-up of all the equipment, cold and hot start-up shut-down procedure are studies expensively. Operation of unit injecting wide range of malfunction, judicious mix of lectures and discussions are carried out besides regular panel practice to instill sense of confidance.
Dedicated to: Newly recruited trainee likely to be posted to Operation and personnel working in smaller units likely to switch over either to 200 MW unit operation.
No. of participants: 8 tp 10
Duration: Two weeks for 200 MW Simulator
Two amd alf weeks for 500 MW Simulator.
3. REFRESHERE TRAINING COURSE
Objective: To refresh knowledge, operation skills and improve upon reflexes of experienced operation personnel. Emergencyhandling, transient operation, malfunction exercise, performance amd efficiency aspects are stressed upon besides normal panel operation coupled with lectures on specialised topics and discussion on critical issues.
Dedicated to: Operation excutives working in the level of desk engineer/ unit controller having minimum three years working experience in desk operation. No of participants: 8 & 10
Duration: Two weeks.
4. ADVANCE TRAINING COURSE
Objective: To emphasise on performamance monitoring and effivciency aspects of operation, analyse critical issues by handling various plant emergencies and upon importance of grid disciplane including specialised lectures and group discussion.
Dedicated To: Senior / middle level of shift Charge Engineer, Station Superintendent .
No of participants: 8 & 10
Duration: one weeks.
5. MANAGEMENT APPRECIATION COURSE
Objective: To appraise senior Operation and maintanence executives the facilities and unities of simulators and usefulness to operation staff working under them.
Dedicated To: senior O & M executives
No of perticipants: 6 to 8
Duration: Three days.
How Simulator pays off:
Simulator training is a radacal departure from traditional ways of training of plant personnel in the following ways.
1. Training in correct procedure which would help in in reduction of plant start-up time. One hour's reduction in start-up time of a 500 MW unit saves Rs. 0.13 million by means of reduction in oil consumption and profit earned on one hour generation assuming the cost of oil Rs. 7.5 thousand per KL & that of unit rupee one approximately.
2. Training in emergency handling which would help in saving downtime of the plant. One day's saving in downtime saves Rs. 12 million for a 500 MW unit assuming the cost of unit @one rupee approximately.
3. Training for efficiency operation which would help in improvement of overall plant efficiency besides improving upon life expectancy of plant equipment.
One percent increase in efficiency saves the fuel cost by Rs. 23.31 million per year of a 500 MW unit assuming colorfic value of coal 3500 Kcal/Kg @ Rs. 0.35 per Kg approximately.
How to reach, NTPC Korba
It is easy to reach NTPC township via road, rail and air.
Air : Raipur Airport 200 km away from NTPC township.
1. Chamba: Located on Howrah Bombay main route, 60 km away from
2 . Bilaspur: Located on the same Howrah- Bombay main route 90 km
away from NTPC township.
Road : Well connected by a network of roads from Raipur. Bilaspur and Chamba. Buses, Texis are conveniently available at all time.
KAWAS SIMULATOR :- Also know about our KAWAS Simulator